PV systems exposed to extreme weather/environmental conditions (street lights, navigation buoys, etc.) have increased risk of damage in the power electronics. In order to ensure reliable battery charge control under such conditions, Phocos developed an encapsulated charge controller (IP68) to prevent corrosion: CIS.The CIS series is a sophisticated solar charge controller family for lighting & industrial control applications.
Besides a perfect PWM regulation with integrated temperature compensation, the controllers provide extraordinary display, programming and safety functions.The CIS series comes with three load switching mode.The temperature-compensated three-state PWM charging method (boost-equalize-float) is now adapted to sealed and vented lead-acid batteries. The low voltage disconnect function can be controlled either by SOC or by voltage.
The CIS has no moving parts, switches or buttons. Settings such as battery type, deep discharge thresholds, timers and other configuration items are made quick and easy by infrared remote control. Features
- Corrosion-proof epoxy-encapsulated PCB (IP68)
- Compact size
- Infrared remote control programming accessory (CU)
- Intelligent timer functions available for lighting control
- Four-stage battery charging (main, float, boost, equalization), temperature compensated
- Automatic system voltage recognition (12/24V)