The gifted sailboat...
Malango 888 is primarily a pleasure boat, designed both for use as a day-boat or for a Transquadra... The designer Pierre ROLLAND has designed a new hull : the main changes in Malango 888 compared to her predecessor are a new hull with a double evolving chine in order to gain power and living space, a raised freeboard of 5 cm in order to have more headroom, a double sleeping rear, rudders under hull (not suspended) for better performance, construction of the hull in an integrated infusion sandwich felt for funds and a foam sandwich above the chine scalable (stiffness and weight gain). Malango 888 offers an amazing cockpit which has been designed in two parts : one at the aft for sailing pleasures, one in the center to offer a secure farniente or discovery of the sea. Malango 888 can fulfill any sailing desire : family sailing or competitive racing...
The interior of Malango 888 offers luminous accommodation able to receive a family for a weekend (6 berths - a kitchen with a sink and a two burners gaz hob, a navigation table and a separate marine toilet). Between her two rudders which allow an exceptional road stability, Malango 888 hides her inflatable tender who can get out or in with a single rope. Her self tacking jib is very easy for sailing.
The Malango 888 project has been prepared during one year beetween Denis Bourgigot and Pierre ROLLAND to obtain a stable and powerfull hull, designed for offshore racing, able to provide a high level of performance in a very secure boat.
Malango 888 is equiped with a swinging keel. Malango 888 is in B or A category and is unsinkable.Standard version : description and inventoryHull and deck in vacuum infusion method
- White hull is sandwich construction (GRP + foam) with local areas moulded reinforcements to strenghten the structure.
- White Deck is sandwich construction GRP + foam), with moulded non-slip finish.
- Teck covered cockpit seats (option), 2 lockers, engine control lever, manual bildge pump, cold water cockpit shower.
- 2 polyester rudders linked with one helm.
- Saloon : symetrical layout with two straight settees (1,90m x 0,52m) - folding wood table with storage, round opening in the roof.
- Galley on portside with laminate work top and moulded wood fiddles, one sink, two burners gaz hob, 40L top opening insulated GRP icebox, one opening in the roof.
- Table chart on starboard side with space for instruments.
- Fore cabin : triangular double berth (1.90m x 1,30m).
- Double aft berth (1.90m x 1,30m)
- Isolated Heads compartiment : GRP washbassin, marine toilet, locker for bathroom accessories.
- 120 l water tank
- Yanmard 14cv bi-cylinders. Fuel tank capacity 30 l.
- Engine compartment with foam soundproofing with 1 very large hatch for accessibility (top)
- Two 70 amp service and engine battery, 10 switches 12 V electrical panel protected with breakers (table chart), 6 LED lights with independant switch.
- Battery charged by the engine alternator - LED navigation lights at the top of the mast.
- Closed stainless steel pulpit, two sheathead stainless steel guardrails with three stainless steel stanchions each side, two stainless steel pushpit at aft end of cockpit.
- Stainless steel fittings,jib and mainsail tracks, two triple jammers, sticks Spinlock.
- Harken self tailing winches as followed : 2 halyards winches (30), 2 sheets winches (40)
- 6 aluminium mooring cleats.
- Anodised aluminium mast (SELDEN) deck-stepped with double large pushing spreaders.
- Anodised aluminium boom with 3 reefing lines.
Swinging keel :
- Electrical bilge pump in engine compartment.
- Manual bilge pump in the cockpit.
- 1 compas on cockpit table
- Electro-hydraulic powered cast iron swinging keel.
- Designer : Pierre ROLLAND
- Hull Length : 8,88 m
- Float length : 8,70 m
- Hull Beam : 3,45 m
- Draft (swinging keel): 2,25 m - 0,95 m
- Light displacement : 2,85 T
- Ballast : 890 kg
- Design sail area : 56 m2
- Mainsail area : 31 m2
- Genoa area : 25 m2
- Solent area : 17 m2
- Asymmetric Spinnaker area : 75 m2
- Max Inboard motorisation power : 14 CV
- Catégory A or B