New Housing for Canon 5D Mark IV
Nauticam is proud to announce a new underwater housing crafted specifically for the latest Canon full frame digital SLR camera, EOS-5D Mk IV.
The 5D series has an impressive record of feature set advancements. The 2005, Canon 5D was the first full frame DSLR camera available with a "standard" body size. In 2008, 5D Mark II became the first full frame DSLR capable of HD video. The new 5D Mark IV offers the highest dynamic range sensor ever released by Canon, and 4K video recording. These performance improvements are major upgrades from previous models, benefitting both still photo and motion capture!
5D Mark IV is the embodiment of a hybrid camera system, providing compelling feature sets for still photo and video capture underwater. Never before has there been a camera that excels so well at both disciplines.
Still photographers will love the 61 point autofocus system shared with 1DX Mark II for its fast acquisition and reliable tracking of moving subjects. The new 30 megapixel sensor with on chip analog to digital conversion offers plenty of resolution with high dynamic range capture ideal for pulling shadow and mid-tone detail out of strongly backlit images.
The 5D Mark IV motion capture feature set might provide even more motivation to upgrade! Previous 5D versions were acclaimed for their faithful color representation in a wide range of underwater shooting scenarios. 5D Mark IV still has that unmatched "Canon Color", and is now Capable of recording 4K at 30 fps with usable autofocus thanks to the Canon Dual Pixel AF system.
Canon 5D Mark IV Key Specifications
- New 30.4MP CMOS full-frame sensor with Dual Pixel AF
- DCI 4K 30/24p video using Motion JPEG + 4K Frame Grab
- 61-point AF system with 41 cross-type sensors (center point sensitive to -3 EV)
- Dual Pixel AF (sensitive to -4EV) for continuous Servo AF in stills (first for a full-frame Canon camera) and video
- ISO 100-32000 (expandable to 102400)
- 7 fps continuous shooting
- Dual Pixel Raw (image microadjustment, bokeh shift, ghosting reduction)
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor
- 1.62M-dot 3.2" full-time touchscreen
- Wi-Fi w/ NFC + GPS
- Built-in bulb timer interval timers
- Improved weather-sealing