Facilities and other Watersports
From the standard of the equipment to the 40m2 shaded dive area at the bow, WAOW will provide the following facilities:
- 2 Compressors
- 12 litre scuba tanks (200bar, single INT or DIN valves). A limited number of 15 litres tanks are available on request (with supplement - see our page "Rental Equipment")
- several full sets of hire dive and snorkel equipment
- NITROX fills (with supplement - see our page "Rental Equipment")
- Oxygen therapy and full safety equipment
- for your security we provide free of charge a Nautilus Lifeline (VHF GPS) to each diver
- 3 dive tenders are available, each with the capability of taking between 6-8 passengers. For all excursions from the main ship such as diving, snorkeling and land visits
- 2 kayak's & 2 SUP's (Stand Up Paddle boards)
In addition to the facilities for divers, it will also be possible for beginners to have an introduction to diving or to complete their diving certificate after their pool and theory training in areas which permit such activities.
The crew will take care of transport, cleaning and stocking of equipment and, if the guest requires, the rinsing and stocking of camera equipment.
Dive groups will be separated in the tenders by experience levels and types of dives requested.
On the return to WAOW deck showers and cleaning tanks will be available for rinsing off with fresh water.
It is recommended to have a wetsuit of between 3 and 7mm, the water temperature being between 20 and 29°C . For diving around the Komodo region the water temperature can drop even further. Hence, 7mm Neoprene would be recommended or 5mm with hood as a minimum in Komodo and Alor reagion. 3 to 5 mm for the northern reagions such as for example Raja Ampat.